APPLE-BEET FENNEL SLAW
This makes an appearance often with Chef Bob’s all meat crab cakes.
- 1 each fennel bulb
- 2 each gravenstein apples
- 1 raw red beet, julienne
- ½ eacg red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tabelspoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- or 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- As needed sea salt, coriander and pepper oil, purchased
- optional garnish of toasted walnuts and point reyes bleu cheese crumbles
Julienne fennel into large non reactive container; julienne apples with skin on and toss with fennel; toss in beets, red onion; add vinegar and oil into slaw; adjust seasonings with sea salt and coriander and pepper oil if using. Serve immediately.