ROASTED STRIPLOIN OF BEEF with Flavors of Southern Spain
Here pictured the striploin with pomegranate demi sauce and horse radish mashed potatoes and roasted autumn vegetables as seen in October ’16 Dinner Show.
1 each strip loin
- 2 tablespoons Flavor of Southern Spain (see below)
- 1 tablespoon fennel pollen, optional
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (or enough to cover entire top of roast)
Place the dry rub Flavors of Southern Spain all over the exterior of the strip loin. Place on roasting pan with rack. Add salt and fennel pollen, if using, to top of roast. Roast strip loin in pan with rack at 350ºF for 12 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 125ºF; remove and rest for 10-20 minutes before slicing.
Flavors of Southern Spain (Bob’s Spice Blend)
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup EVOO
Combine spices in a grinder and grind to a fine powder; place in dry air tight container in dark cool place until needed. To use, add approximately 1/2 teaspoon salt for every 1 tablespoon of spice blend.