AUTUMN SUCCOTASH, WITH CORN, PEPPERS, LIMA BEANS & CREAM
To be called a succotash, corn and peppers are needed, and some might say lima beans, too. We think fresh lima beans are best if you can find them, but frozen will do since most of the lima bean crop goes to frozen food manufacturers anyway during season. And lima beans are also dried and can be rehydrated and used after cooking. So still very good options.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 medium shallots, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, sprout removed and sliced
- 2-3 whole ears fresh corn, lightly seared on the stove top
- 2 red bell peppers, cleaned and small dice
- 1-2 cups cooked lima beans, optional
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Salt pepper coriander to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
Place skillet over medium high heat; add EVOO, shallots, garlic, and cooke to translucent. Add corn, lima beans and peppers. Cook 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender to the tooth. Timing will depend on how small you dice them. Add the heavy cream, and bring to simmer. Taste and season with salt pepper and coriander to taste.