BLACK BEAN SAUTE
This was our vegetarian alternative for the rice cake entree at our DINNER SHOW July 2011.
1/4 cup diced fennel
- 1/4 cup young turnip, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans or canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked blughur
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 3 Tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped, no stems
- EVOO as needed to saute
- 1 Tablespoon chive, minced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, oven dried
- 2 tablespoons paprika vinegar or 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar with 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and coriander to taste as needed
Heat oil and add first three ingredients until they are just tender; add beans, bulghur and cook to heat through. Add seasonings and vinegar and more EVOO as needed for moisture. Serve immediately with vegetarian version of saffron risotto cakes.