Black & Blue BERRY-BUCKLE
Inspired by many recipes online and rolled into one!
Dry ingredients: Measure and combine: 1 1/4 cup flour (AP or GF); 3/4 cup sugar; 2 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients: Measure and combine: 1 cup milk; 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Other 3 ounces butter for pan or baking dish; 2 tablespoons natural sugar or finishing sugar to sprinkling on top
Fruit Topping: Measure separately and combine just before baking: 4 cups fruit; 2 Tablespoons sugar; 1 teaspoon lemon juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven 340ºF
2. Place the butter in baking dish; place in the oven until butter melts, 2 minutes.
3. Place the dry ingredients in separate bowl; stir in wet ingredients JUST TO COMBINE!
5. Pour batter into prepared baking dish with melted butter. Do not stir.
6. Toss the berries in the sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla; place berries on top of batter.
7. Bake about 30 minutes and check for doneness; Sprinkle with the finishing sugar and return to oven 3-4 more minutes.
8. Place onto cooling rack; best served warm.
9. Serve with whipped cream and or ice cream.
One recipe serves 8-10 servings