- FILLING: 4 cups fresh blueberries or other berry or a blend,
- pinch each salt and cinnamon
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- TOPPING: 2/3 cup flour, AP or gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup corn meal, fine
- 1/3 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 5 ounces cold unsalted butter, cubed
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels off the cob
FILLING: Combine and toss all ingredients in a medium bowl. Place in baking cups that hold 3/4-1 cup of berries. Set aside while you make the topping.
TOPPING: Combine flour, cornmeal and sugar in food processor: pulse for 30 seconds: add butter and salt, pulsing to create a fine crumb: continue to pulse just until mixture wants to come together: remove to a small bowl and work corn in with your hands, while pressing softly to create small lumps.
TO ASSEMBLE: Top each serving with enough crisp mixture to cover about 3/4 of the top of the berries. Bake 375ºF for approximately 12-15 minutes or until berries are bubbly or center is 165ºF when probed.
Serving suggestions: whipped cream; vanilla yogurt; and/or Swiss meringue, toasted.