BRUSSEL SPROUTS & KOHLRABI SLAW
This one is born from the need to use lots of brussels sprouts and kohlrabi during the season and wanting more variety. We think of a brussels sprouts as a little cabbages and knowing kohlrabi is also in the cruciferous family, we thought “why not make a slaw?” That’s it! The inspiration for this recipe.
1 cup cored Brussels sprouts, shredded (about 8 each)
- 1 cup Kohlrabi
- 2 carrots, shredded on box grater
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oleek chili paste or other chili pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon blue agave
- 1 tablespoon each chives and Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon piquillo pepper or pimiento from can, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-5 grinds each black pepper and coriander seed
Wash vegetables and dry well. Prepare each as directed above and toss together in medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and drizzle over the vegetables in the bowl. Toss vegetables to coat with dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.