BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CAULIFLOWER AND MUSTARD-CAPER SAUCE
2-3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, paste
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, shaved or quartered*
- ½ each head of cauliflower, blanched, cut into smaller flowerets
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- As needed sea salt, coriander and pepper
Add oil to a medium saute pan and heat; add onion and garlic; cook until aromatic; add mustard and sprouts and cook until tender; toss in cauliflower and capers, tossing to combine; adjust seasonings and add butter to finish.
*As seen in class, use a mandolin to shave sprouts as for slaw.