As seen in our May 2013 Dinner Show, and also in April 2016 dinner show.
- 1 cup Orca beans, small white beans, Great Northern, or other as you like
- 1 gallon water
- 3 tablespoons salt
For cooking after brining:
- 1 cup beans, soaked, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken stock; or water
- 2 teaspoons of FLAVORS FOR FRYING
, optional To finish:
- drained beans
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2-4 tablespoons butter, whole salted
- Salt, pepper coriander, for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons ver jus, or white wine
Brine beans in salted water over night at room temperature or in refrigerator. Drain them; rinse them.
Place soaked beans into pot and add 4 cups water or unsalted chicken stock. Add 2 teaspoons of Flavors For Frying, if using. Simmer about 30 minutes until beans are tender.
Drain but reserve liquid.
In skillet over high heat, melt butter until it browns; add onion and cook until translucent. Add the beans and cook until hot and all of the butter has been absorbed. Add and combine in the ver jus. Serve immediately.
Chef Note: you may add reserved chicken stock if more liquid is desired.