CABBAGE KALE PINEAPPLE SLAW
- 1 bunch curly kale, destemmed and chiffonade (ribbon cut)
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 julienne carrots, (rainbow if available)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 tablespoon chili paste such as Sambal Oleek
- 2 tablespoons maple balsamic if available*
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, rough chop
- 1/4 cup chopped chive or 1/2 cup spring onion
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves only, rough chop
- 1/2 oven or grill roasted fresh pineapple, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted Marcona almonds, chopped
Place kale, cabbage, carrot, bell pepper into bowl. Add vinegar and chili paste. With gloved hands or tongs, work in the vinegar and chili paste, massaging them into the kale and cabbage.
Add and combine Italian ingredients except almonds in the bowl.
Adjust seasonings, if needed. Add pineapple if using.
Sprinkle with almonds on top just before serving.