CAULIFLOWER, ROASTED WHOLE WITH SPICY TOPPING
First seen at the June 2014 Dinner Show served with an anchovy butter, along side filet of grass fed beef and bing cherry demi glace.
- 1 whole head cauliflower, green leaves removed
- oil as needed for baking sheet
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, commercial
- 1 cup yogurt (whole milk prefered)
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder, Flavors of India, or Flavors for Frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, optional
- few drops hot pepper, optional
Clean and trim whole head of cauliflower. Lightly oil baking sheet. Set aside. In bowl combine topping ingredients: mayo, yogurt, EVOO, seasoning, parmesan cheese, if using, and blend well. Dunk the top and sides of the whole head of cauliflower into sauce and coat well. Do not coat the bottom. Place coated head onto oiled baking sheet on its bottom. Bake /roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned about 30-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with anchovy butter.