Served in June 2013 Dinner Show over grilled lamb loin. We also serve this as a first course to one of our market dinners. See second recipe below.
1 pound cherries, Bing or Bing and Rainier mix
- 2 medium shallots or red onion, small dice
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons of minced jalapeno
- Juice of two limes
- 1 cup Marcona almonds or other salted almond, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, torn
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup EVOO
- Season to taste with sea salt, coriander & pepper
Prepare cherries by washing, halving and remove seeds. Blend with remaining ingredients up to EVOO. Add EVOO just to moisten, no extra in the bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Cherry Salsa over Linguine with Ricotta cheese
1 recipe of pasta for homemade linguine, or purchase 1 pound fresh or dried linguine
- 2-3 teaspoons chili infused EVOO (purchase or blend 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with 2 tablespoons EVOO)
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 recipe cherry salsa (see above)
Cook/boil pasta in 1 gallon water with 3 tablespoons salt. Fresh will be done before dried. Check by tasting for al dente. Remove from water and dress with chili oil. Plate up pasta on center of the plate. Place quenelle* of ricotta on top of pasta. Top with cherry salsa. Serve immediately.
To make a quenelle, hold spoon upside down and drag through the cheese until full; place on plate; wash spoon in hot water and repeat. Or using two spoons same size, grab from one spoon to the other until oval shape is consistent. Of load to plate and repeat.