CHUTNEY, RHUBARB STRAWBERRY
As seen in our April 2017 dinner show along side Cantonese spiced Red Rock Fish and Halibut.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 lime, peeled, seeded, diced
- ½ each, medium red onion, minced
- 4 each dried dates, chopped or 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups (fresh if possible) Strawberries, hulled and quartered
Combine sugar, vinegar and juice; simmer 5 minutes; add zest, orange, lime, onion, dates or raisins, candied ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; simmer for 30 minutes; add ground ginger and pineapple; simmer for an additional 15 minutes; cool for service.