CORN, PEPPERS, ZUCCHINI MEDLEY (OR SUCCOTASH)
To be called succotash, corn and peppers need to be in the mix. However you may often see it with Lima beans. But we make ours with what ever we can when fresh corn is available.
2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, small dice
- 2-3 ears of corn, off the cob
- 2 red peppers, cleaned and small diced
- 2 medium zucchini, centers removed
- 2 Tablespoons chives
- Sea salt, pepper, coriander, to taste
Bring skillet to medium high heat; add EVOO and half the butter. Add shallots and cook to translucent. Put in the corn and let it sear a good 30-60 seconds before stirring so it won’t stick. Add peppers and zucchini and continue cooking 1-3 minutes until vegetables are tender to the tooth. Timing depends on how small you chop. Season and add chives and serve immediately.