BOB & LENORE's COOKBOOK
© 2011 EVOO CANNON BEACH COOKING SCHOOL
CORN STUFFING FOR PEPPERS
1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grilled corn, cut off cob and cobs scraped of "milk"
- 1 cup masa harina (Mesaca, cornmeal for tamales)
- 3/4 cup softened butter (plus 2 tablespons)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup green chilies, finely diced, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese such as Jack, sharp cheddar
Simmer the milk and corn until tender; add masa harina, salt, baking powder, and blend until fluffy. Fold in chilies, spices and cheese.
Stuff into prepared Polbano peppers.