This is a non-dairy substitution for a crumble or more aptly said, “crisp.” We use coconut oil in place of butter and add a little sweet coconut. The mix can be used for non-dairy granola, too.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, chilled
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Place ingredients into food processor and pulse a few times until blended. Put over fruit and bake as directed.
To use as granola: spread onto baking sheet and bake 325ºF for 12-15 minutes or until brown and crisp. Cool and crumble over fruit, yogurt or eat plain.