DUNGENESS CRAB & CHEESE SALAD, BAKED, served HOT
We use this recipe to top a baked potato just before serving or as the crown to a baked tamale timbale.
- 1/2 pound crab meat, cleaned well
- 2 tablespoons piquillo peppers or red pepper, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley,
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon flavors of the sea seasoning, or 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or other sharp dry cheese
Blend all the ingredients by tossing lightly so as not to crush crab. Keep it cold until you need to add it to the tamale timbale or whole baked potatoes. Should be enough for 6 servings.
Note you may buy our Flavors of the Sea or sub another blend for seafood such as Old Bay. We also have the recipe posted in our cookbook for Flavors of the Sea.