ESCAROLE WITH PISTACHIO AND GOLDEN RAISINS
As seen in our FEB DINNER SHOW 2013, this recipe was one of the layers in the entree of Ricotta Cavlatelli and Vegetable Ragu with a quick Winter Tomato Sauce. Also seen as the filling in a brociole in our November 2015 dinner show.
1/22 fennel bulb, minced
- 1 bulb garlic, sliced
- 1 heads escarole lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups arugula, cleaned, optional
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoon dried white grapes or sultanas, or other raisins or dried grapes
- 3 tablespoon toasted pistachio, or pine nuts, optional
- As needed shaved Parmesan also optional
Method: Heat enough EVOO in large sauté pan to coat bottom of pan. Add fennel and garlic; cook until slightly crisp; add escarole and cook to wilt; add stock or water and reduce to almost dry; toss in dried grapes (or alternative); add nuts if using. Season with sea salt, coriander and pepper – toss in arugula, if using, and incorporate. Serve with shaved aged Parmesan, especially if incorpating cooked penne pasta or hand made busiate.