GRUYERE-POTATO PARSNIP GRATIN
4 Tablespoon grape seed oil
- 18 – 24 small yukon gold potatoes, or other, sliced thin on mandolin
- 2 parsnips, or other, sliced thin on mandolin
- As needed sea salt, coriander and ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoon minced chives
- 4 ounce gruyere cheese, grated
Place oil in preheated sauté pan;place potatoes/parsnips in pan in concentric circle; season and sprinkle with herbs and cheese; place second layer of potatoes over first in same fashion; repeat seasonings, herb and cheese; place final layer and repeat process; cook an additional 3 minutes or until bottom of potatoes are browned and crisp; flip over and continue cooking 3-4 more minutes. Finished potatoes will be crispy on both sides and tender in the center; remove and serve.