ITALIAN PLUM and RED GRAPE SALSA
Sweet fresh and zippy to balance flavors of Mediterranean Chicken, as seen in our September Dinner Show.
½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 each Italian plums, diced 1/2 inch
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, membrane removed, diced, OPTIONAL
- 12-20 sweet red grapes, seedless, cut in half
Combine sugar and vinegar and simmer to dissolve.
Add orange, zest, and plums; simmer 10-15 minutes until plums are just cooked. Add pepper if using and fresh grapes.
Remove from heat and cool before serving.