You can also make this with julienne sliced apples if the kohlrabi is not available. Add spice in two additions, tasting as you go to make sure it isn’t too spicy or is spicy enough for your tastes.
1 medium bulb kohlrabi, julienne
- 1/2 head cauliflower, shaved
- 1/4 head savoy green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon chili paste, Sambal Oleek, or purchased Thai chili paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons maple balsamic, or 1 tablespoon maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon chives
- As needed Almond candy (see recipe for Almond candy crunch),crushed
Combine all ingredients except candy in large bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle with candy just before serving.