LEMON RICOTTA RAVIOLI & SPRING VEGETABLES
This one was inspired by spring, in our 2013 March Dinner Show.
1 recipe of ravioli dough made up ahead or after filling if you must drain ricotta
- For filling:
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fnely grated
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped and blotted well on paper towel
1/4 cup panko or other dry bread crumbs, only if needed if filling seems too wet
For topping sauce:
- 1-2 ounce butter
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound asparagus, bias cut, 2 inch
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarse chopped
For filling, combine first four ingredients; place in collander lined with paper towels over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for as long as you can or overnight. If not too wet, proceed to fill raviolis. Make 3-4 ravioli per person for one course, or 5-8 when whole meal. Once made, boil in salty water, (3 tablespoons per 1 gallon water), about 3-5 minutes.
To make topping sauce, saute shallot, garlic in small amount of butter. Add asparagus, roasted tomatoes*, and walnuts. Adjust flavor if needed with a pinch of salt. Serve over top ravioli with a little tarragon brown butter crumble.
*To roast tomatoes: wash and dry. Place into bowl and lightly coat with EVOO and oriander salt. Roast in a 400˚F oven on bare cookie sheet until the tomatoes skins blister and brown slightly, about 20-25 minutes.