BEAN MULTI-GRAIN SALAD, MEDITERRANEAN
- 1-2 cups white beans, cooked and marinated
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, red, minced
- 1/4 cup white raisins, rehydrated in warm water
- 1/2 cup olives, drained, chopped
- 1/2cup capers, drained, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 cup white rice, cooked, cooled
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, optional
- 2 cups red quinoa, cooked, cooled
- Salt may or may not be needed, due to caper and olives
- EVOO, as needed to moisten
Cook beans and marinate them. See recipe in our Technique section.
Cook and cool each grain.
Prepare and chill remaining ingredient before blending.
At service toss all ingredients together. Adjust seasoning (salt pepper coriander) and add EVOO if needed.
Serve immediately with or without arugula or other green.
Alternatively: Remove Beans, Brown Rice, White Rice, Quinoa and add 2-3 cups shaved raw cauliflower.