MINTED PEACH (MANGO) CHUTNEY
To accompany lemon marinated halibut served with pineapple cream sauce as in our August 2012 dinner show.
1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned, seeded
- 1 lime, peeled seeded, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, dates, or dried plums
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, rough chop, optional
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/3 cups fresh mango or peaches (or combination)
Combine all ingredients except the fruit in sauce pan and simmer 10-15 minutes. Add fresh fruit. Remove from heat and cool for service. Store in the refrigerator until needed. At service, garnish with 2 tablespoons of mint, chiffonade per 2 cups of chutney.