SOUP, MISO DASHI-KANBU with wild mushrooms & soft tofu
This recipe was first served in our Market Dinner Aug 2011.
2 cups corn cob stock(*)
- 6 cups water
- 4 oz Dashi-Kanbu (tangle sea weed)
- 1/2 pound white miso
- 3 - 4 ounces minced soft tofu (1-2 Tablespoon per serving)
- 2 green onions, slice bias cut for garnish
- 1/2 cup pan seared wild mushrooms, 1 Tablespoon per serving
- 1 teaspoon raw sesame seeds per serving
Blend corn cob stock, water, tangle seaweed and miso. Bring to boil and simmer until flavors meld about 12 minutes. Remove the sea weed).
Place tofu, mushrooms, sesame seed and onion in the bottom of each bowl. Ladle hot liquid over and serve immediately.
(*) to make corn cob stock, cover corn cobs with water and simmer 1 hour. Remove cobs and reduce remaining liquid by 1/3.