PANTESCA SALAD WITH MACKEREL IN OIL
Sicilian version of potato salad as antipasti. We do it in winter with red grapefruit sections or blood orange sections in place of the tomato. In summer this is great with a variety of cherry tomatoes.
- 5-7 fingerling potatoes, cooked, cooled, sliced into coin pieces
- 2 tomatoes, fresh if available otherwise sub 1 cup blood orange sections
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1-2 ounce drained capers
- 8 ounce jar mackerel in oil
- 4 ounces drained green or black olives
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- EVOO as needed
- Salt pepper coriander to taste
Wash potatoes, Boil in salted water until . Drain cool and slice into rounds. Prepare tomatoes or citrus sections. Add olives, rinse and add capers, onion rings, and mackerel. Moisten with EVOO. Add oregano and adjust seasoning.