This recipe is one we made from tasting a very popular condiment we carry in our store when we can get it. That is the problem–we often had to wait for back orders. So we decided to make up our own version. We make it from other pantry items too (rice vinegar, apple sauce, agave syrup) so it isn’t necessarily inexpensive, but very very good! And this recipe makes 2 cups –enough for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces or 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 jar piquillo peppers (6 ounces
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika (start low and build to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or sub 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 ounce) prepared plain apple sauce
- pinch of salt
Blend ingredients in food processor or blender. Hold in refrigerator until needed. This will hold refrigerated for several weeks.
Use for slaws and salad dressings. Also good as marinade for fish.