PASTA, GREEN ZUCCHINI LINGUINI WITH PEPITO PESTO
As seen in our December 2012 dinner show. This one started as our substition for pasta when we had a guest who had a gluten sensativity. When everyone wanted to try it too, we decided to make it part of this show for everyone. We “blanched the carrots so we could show guests during the show, but here we suggest you cook and eat. Best not to delay serving once the vegetables are cooked, as they will become watery.
2 zucchini, long julienne strips
- 2 medium carrots, long julienne strips
- Optional: Use other vegetables cut into strips such as red bell pepper, yellow zucchini, and other squashes or just zucchini for all "green zucchini"
- 1/2 cup Pesto, see recipe below
Bring very salty water to boil. Drop carrot strips into boiling water 60-90 seconds only or until tender, pliable and still a bit al dente. Remove to bowl. Drop zucchini into boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Add to carrots. Cook remaining vegetalbes if using. Immediately toss vegetables with the Pepito Pesto and cheese. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.
1/4 cup each chive, pasley, cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pepitos (seed of pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Seasson wih salt pepper coriander to flavor
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Place ingredients into food processor. Blend. Taste and season. Blend with vegetable “pasta.”