- 2 each freestone peaches, diced, skin on
- 1/2 red onion, sliced then grilled, then minced
- 2 each serrano peppers, seeded, grilled, minced
- 3-5 leaves of linantro, torn, no stems
- juice of 1 lime
- Salt, pepper and coriander to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
Combine gently so as not to crush peaches. When well distributed serve.
Serving Suggestion: press salsa into an individual ring mold on each plate–lift off mold and salsa should retain its shape. This naturally makes it taste even better!
Chef Note: Freestone peaches are great because they let go of their pits easily. Other varieties of peaches are good here too, but their pits cling on to the fruit. Cut around the pit and dice it up. Some say that “Cling on” peaches taste even better than Freestone. Either way if you have a chance to eat peaches in season do so until they are gone! In fact plain sliced peaches are good with many savory as well as sweet dishes.