SAVOY CABBAGE PEAR APPLE SLAW
Make this one with or without caraway and mustard. We like it with butter but EVOO is good too. If using whole apple, use pear cider and if using whole fresh pears, use apple cider.
1 head green cabbage savoy
- ½ head red cabbage
- 1/2 cup EVOO or 4 oz salted butter
- 1 tablespoons caraway, optional
- 2 tablespoons favorite prepared mustard, optional
- 1 cup pear or apple cider
- 1 -2 skin on fresh pear or apple, 1/2 inch dice
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika vinegar, optional
- as needed coriander and salt
Julienne the cabbages and combine; set aside. Meanwhile heat EVOO or butter (cook till frothy & lightly brown if using butter); add caraway; mustard and pear cider. Simmer to reduce slightly; toss in cabbage and parsley; heat until al dente but cooked. If desired, finish with paprika vinegar.