POACHED RAZOR CLAMS, SQUID or BABY OCTOPUS
Razor clams work well in this cooking technique, because like squid and octopus they need gentle quick cooking or gentle low and slow with this method.
1 pound squid, cleaned tubes and tentacles
- 1 pound octopus, cleaned, cut into pieces to match squid (optional)
- 15 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary salt (Vignalta)
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups EVOO
Combine all ingredients except EVOO; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Add to EVOO in a medium saucepan and cover with parchment paper lid; place into 300F, oven for about 45 minutes or until tender. Cool in oil and reserve for service. Can serve hot or cold.
The oil must be stored in the refrigerator once the clams or other seafood is removed. Then only use it for seafood. It makes great aioli. Its shelf life is 7 days or less.