3 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (use Flavors of India, one of our signature spice blends)
- ½ cup chicken stock (you may sub vegetable stock or apple cider to keep vegetarian)
- ½ head cauliflower or 1/4 head cabbage(blanched) See notes (*)
- 1 large russet potato, blanched, diced
- 1 cup red kale, shredded, finely
- 1 tablespoon reconstituted raisins
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fried capers
Heat a large sauté pan over moderate heat; Add olive oil and add curry spice mix, and brown lightly; add chicken stock and cook 2 minutes; add cauliflower, potato and kale and cook a moment to heat through; toss in raisins and cook 1 minute; add pine nuts and remove to plates; garnish with fried capers.
(*)To blanch: Bring salty water to boil; drop in vegetable and cook to set color or till still firm in center. Immediately shock by dropping into ice water to stop cooking; drain. Refrigerate until needed.