Think Spring and the heavy winter pasta sauces leave our taste buds as we look forward to as many spring vegetables we can find to blend with roasted cherry tomatoes over pasta, over polenta, or just to eat alone.
10 asparagus spears, blanched and roasted, cooled, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 20 morels, cleansed, to saute
- 1/2 head escarole, rough chop (optional)
- 10 small tomatoes, roasted, cooled, halved
- 2-4 tablespoons EVOO or butter
- 3 small heads shallot, fine chopped
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 celery, small dice
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-5 ounces Taleggio cheese, grated
Prepare asparagus, morels, escarole, tomatoes and mirepoix vegetables. set aside
At service, place EVOO in pan over medium high heat, add shallot, carrot, celery and saute till translucent and aromatic and tender. Season with salt. Add asparagus, morels until heated through. Add escarole, if using. Add cream grated taleggio and blend. Place onto plate. Garnish with roasted baby or halved cherry tomatoes. Adjust seasoning. Serve over pasta, polenta or by themselves.