We have include this recipe in our October 2012 Dinner Show as we saw many pumpkin and risotto dishes throughout Italy on our two tours in October.
3 Tablespoons EVOO
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup risotto
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups water, hot
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately) chicken stock, hot
- 1 cup Cinderella pumpkin or butternut squash, or other Fall squash, small dice, raw
- 1/2 cup CINDERELLA PUMPKIN, small dice, roasted, puree while warm, hold warm
- sea salt, ground, pepper, and coriander To Taste
- 1/4-½ cup fresh Tallegio Cheese, grated (Note: the lower amount will best allow the flavor of the pumpkin dominate; more and the cheese takes over a bit)
Place oil in large sauce pan on moderate heat; add shallots, garlic, and diced pumpkin; cook until vegetables are aromatic; add rice and stir until rice becomes
slightly translucent; add wine. Cook until wine is almost absorbed. Start adding the mixed stock and water, ½ cup at a time, stirring with each addition to ensure
even absorption. Finished rice should be slightly resistant to the tooth-tender.
Add warm roasted pumpkin puree and adjust seasonings. Finish with the small measure of cheese; taste and add more if desired. Season if needed. Serve with a reduction of Saba and the grape, endive and walnut salad.