Prepare linguine fresh or purchased fresh or dried. Then prepare the Puttanesca sauce.
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 each cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup white wine or red (depending on what wine you are serving)
- 3 tabelspoons capers, non pareil, with 1 tablespoon of its brine
- 3 tablespoons Italian olives, mixed, pitted, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced or 1 medium tomato diced plus 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons anchovy essence, or 2 small filets, pasted
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
Place oil in medium saucepan on medium heat; add shallots and garlic, cooking until aromatic and translucent. Add wine and cook for 5 minutes to reduce wine by 1/3 to meld flavors. Add capers, olives, and anchovy, cooking 3 additional minutes. Add all tomatoes, and simmer fot 2 minutes just to incorporate.
Serving suggestions: with pasta and a preferred protein, such as chicken breast, rockfish, and /or shellfish like clams.
Chef Note: Puttanesca may be prepared with whole roasted cherry tomatoes during season instead of with canned. To sub in this recipe first make Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce.