RICOTTA RAVIOLI WITH WHOLE LEMON PROSCIUTTO WALNUT SAUCE
As seen in our November 2012 dinner show & The Art of Pasta class, we combine walnuts lemon and prosciutto in a butter sauce over these very light hand made ricotto ravioli.
- 15 ounce ricotta cheese, well drained, see chef notes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 recipe for roasted figs chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped, well blotted on paper towel
- 1/4 cup panko or other dry bread crumbs if needed (see chef note)
- Finish with sauce:
- 1-2 ounce butter
- 1 medium shallot, chopped finely
- 2-4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarse chop
- 1 recipe of candied whole lemon sauce
For the filling, combine first four ingredients. Place in a collander over a bowl overnight to drain in the refrigerator.
Chef note: If filling seems too wet, add the bread crumbs and continue to fill ravioli. Make three to four ravioli per person when one course; or 5-8 when whole meal. Once made, boil in salty water. (3 Tablespoons salt per gallon water).
For finsihing sauce at service, saute shallot and garlic in small amount of butter. Add walnuts, prosciutto; when heated through add the warm lemons. Adjust flavor if needed with a pinch of salt. Serve over plain pasta or ravioli.