2 tablespoonspure chile powder from ancho chilies
- 1 tablespoon pure chile powder from pasilla chilies
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon each dried, leaf oregano, marjoram, and dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/4 pound ground pork shoulder, fatty
- 2 tablespoons Rioja wine
Place the chile powder in large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except pork. Mix into paste. Add ground pork to bowl and mix well (by hand, works well). Leave the sausage in the refrigerator to absorb the flavors for at least an hour before using.
For use as ingredient in risotto, use as is or ground even smaller.
For patties at service, scoop 1/4-1/2 cups and shape into balls, so all are the same size. Flatten into patties. Place skillet over medium high heat. Add small amount of oil and heat. Place patties into pan. Brown on one side, about 2-4 minutes; turn and finish cooking on second side.