RISOTTO, with lobster mushrooms & corn
As seen in The October Dinner Show 2012.
3 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pound lobster mushrooms, cleaned and diced, cooked separately and folded in
- 1 cup roasted or grilled fresh corn, removed from cob
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup risotto
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups water and 2 1/2 cups (approximately) chicken, vegetable, or corn stock, hot
- TO TASTE sea salt, ground pepper and coriander
- ½ cup fresh pecorino or aged parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sage cream, optional
- fresh chervil for garnish
In separate pan, over high heat with small amount of grapeseed oil, saute mushrooms to brown slightly. Do not stir for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms brown. Add corn and season with salt, pepper, coriander. Set aside.
Place oil in large sauce pan on moderate heat; add onions, garlic; cook till vegetables becomes slightly translucent; add rice and continue cooking 5-8 minutes. When rice begins to be translucent on the edges, add wine and cook until wine is absorbed. Add the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring with each addition and until absorbed before adding the next ½ cup. When most of the stock has been added to the rice, add mushrooms-corn mixture to the risotto with the remaining stock, stirring throughout. Remove from heat and fold in the pecorino; adjust seasonings and garnish with the sage cream and chervil.