SALAD, ROASTED BEETS & SWEET POTATO FRISEE with MUSTARD CAPER VINAIGRETTE
2-4 sweet potatoes
- 2-4 beets
- Salt pepper coriander, to taste
- 1 recipe of Mustard Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 head frisee, washed spinned and chilled
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- 12 orange sections, 3 per plate for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or parsley for garnish
To roast sweet potatoes: Wash potatoes thoroughly. Peel and dice into 1/2 inch cubes, blot dry. Place into bowl and drizzle with EVOO to lightly coat. Season with salt, pepper, and coriander. Place onto roasting pan. Bake 375ºF for 15 minutes or until tender.
To roast beets: Wash beets, dry. Lightly oil with EVOO; season with salt pepper coriander. Place onto roasting dish, cover Bake at 375ºF for 25-40 minutes or until tender to a fork. Cool to touch, but not completely. Peel by rubbing off the skin using paper towel. Peeling is easier when still a little warm. Cut into 1/2 cubes. Chill completely.
At service: Place beets and potatoes together and lightly coat with vinaigrette. Place bundles of frisee onto plate. top with dressed potato-beet mixture. Garnish with 1 tablespoon orange zest or orange sections and 1 tablespoon chopped chives or parsley.
To roast beets: