KALE, (BLACK), CHARD, SAUTEED
3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 heads kale, cleaned, chopped OR chiffonade
- ½ teaspoon each sea salt, ground pepper and ground coriander
- 1 cup water or chicken stock if kale gets too dry while cooking
Heat EVOO in large sauté pan; add garlic, onion; cook until slightly crisp; add kale and cook to wilt and set color; add stock if using and if needed; reduce to almost dry. Serve immediately or proceed with one of the variations.
1. Toss with 3 tablespoons pinenuts and zest of 1/2 lemon.
2. Drizzle with smoky paprika vinegar and serve.
3. Blend with bearnaise butter (see recipe).
4. Serve alone with shaved aged parmesan cheese or add cheese to any variation above.
5. Toss or garnish with Argentine sauce or Chimichurri sauce