SLAW, FENNEL, SAVOY CABBAGE WITH PICKLED CHERRIES
Honoring the cherry season, we have used them every way possible and even pickled as we did for the 2014 June Dinner Show.
- 1 fennel bulb, julienne
- 1 cup Savoy Cabbage, ribbon cut or julienne (may sub head cabbage)
- 4 each green onion, white and green, sliced on bias
- 3-4 Tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 1-2 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1-2 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 cup pitted cherries, or pickled cherries
- 1/2 cup mustard micro greens, optional
The Slaw Method:
Blend fennel, cabbage and green onion. In separate container, mix EVOO, mustard, fennel pollen, parsley, and vinegar. Blend into fennel cabbage mixture. Add cherries and mustard micro greens, if using, just before serving.
Chef’s Note: To pickle cherries, use the recipe for veggie pickles, quick, and sub cherries for vegetable in recipe.