SPICED MASCARPONE FILLING for nut cookie tart shell or crepes
12 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened (or use all mascarpone)
- 2- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon frangelico or pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoons candied ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon candied orange peel (optional)*
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
dash sea salt
* In addition to or instead of candied ginger and orange, add 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate pieces.
Combine all ingredients and mix well; refrigerate 12 hours to firm up before using.
At service blend 1 cup whipped cream into the mixture. (Note if mixture is too cold to combine with cream, stir it until it softens before folding in the whipped cream.) Add a dollop of mixture to the center of cookie shell tart. Top with sliced prepared berries and more whipped cream if desired.