Spicy Beef Fajitas
(2-3 servings) paired with Pacific Rim Drier Rieslings
because the flavors of citrus will complement the Spicy Beef Fajita, where we use a light hand with the Chef Bob’s Spanish flavors spice blend, especially with the addition of avocado and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound beef steak (flank, London broil, or other) cut into thin strips
- 1 packet of Chef Bob Neroni’s spice mix
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half circles
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in half strips
- 2-3 tablespoons Pacific Rim Riesling, dry
- 4-6 soft flour or corn tortillas, warm
- Condiment suggestions: ½ cup shredded lettuce, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ½
sliced avocado, 1 tablespoon sour cream, few leaves of cilantro.
Place oil in fry pan over medium high heat. Add meat and spice packet; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove to warm plate. Place pan back on heat and add onions, peppers and salt; stir and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine. Add meat and meat juices back to pan stirring to combine and bring back to temperature. Serve immediately with warm tortillas and suggested condiments.
To warm tortillas, wrap in soft paper towel. Place on plate and microwave for 20 seconds. Let stand 10 seconds more. Carefully unwrap at service and place a portion of meat and condiments onto each tortilla and roll up like a burrito.
Suggested sides from EVOO cookbook @ www.cookbook.evoo.biz: Spanish rice; refried beans; vegetarian tamale casserole