SPINACH SALAD with quince paste dressing
As seen on our May 2013 Dinner Show.
Make a base of:
- 4 ounces quince paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, pasted
1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 pound baby or young spinach, stems removed, washed, spun dry and crisped
- 1 tablespoon of the quince base (above)
- 3-4 tablespoons more EVOO
- Season with sea salt, fresh black pepper, and fresh ground Coriander, to taste
Make the quince base. This keeps weeks in the refrigerator. The whole batch makes about 10-12 salad servings. Use 1-2 tablespoon for about 3-5 servings.
Blend base, EVOO and more EVOO. Toss over prepared and chilled spinach. Season to taste with S, P, C!
Serve immediately on chilled plates or on the same plate with hot seared salmon and buttery orca beans.