SUSHI (TIPS FROM CHEF KATE KOO)
1. Mix sushi su (vinegar) into rice while the rice is hot!
2. Remember the “pac man” technique!
3. Wipe cutting board and hands often to keep rice from sticking.
4. Spread rice all the way to the edges of the nori and into the corners to help the roll stay together.
5. Use firm but light pressure when spreading rice. Don’t smash it!
6. Spread rice on bumpy side of nori.
7. Let futo maki rolls sit on the seam to help seal the roll.
8. Keep your knives sharp for easier cutting.