SWEET CORN-ROJA PEPPER SALAD
1 ear corn, cleaned
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- ½ charred yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Rojas pepper mixture* (see below)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika vinegar (espillete)
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic, paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- As needed seasalt
- l teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, Arbosana
Place corn on preheated grill with no oil; turn as it heats to char slightly but not cook through; remove from grill and cur corn off cob; refrigerate to cool completely. Place corn in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
*To prepare Rojas pepper: place 2 each of the following dried peppers on sheet pan with parchment – ancho, pasilla, poblano; arbol, padron and cayenne; toast in a 350°F for 3 minutes; rotate and toast 2 additional
minutes; remove and cool completely; with gloved hands, remove stem and seeds, discard; place remaining pepper in a large bowl; cover peppers with boiling water and then plastic film; steep for 20 minutes; drain off water and discard; chop peepers finely by hand and reserve chilled.