BEANS, WHITE BEAN CAULIFLOWER MASH
This is a flavorful side dish that also makes a good protein center of the plate for vegetarian applications. It look like mashed potatoes with a similar texture.
1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white beans (15 ounce can), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or flavorful stock such as vegetable, mushroom, or chicken
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into flowerettes, steamed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
In medium sauce pan over medium heat place oil and garlic stirring to prevent browning of the garlic. When garlic is aromatic, add the beans and cream; cook until warm beans are warmed through. Remove from heat. Place bean mixture and cooked cauliflower into food processor and pulse to blend into mashed potato consistency. Season with salt and coriander. Remove and blend in thyme, parsley and chives and serve immediately.