WHITE BEANS WITH KALE
- 2 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 cup each carrot, small dice; 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 cups cannellini beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons ver jus, or dry white wine
- sea salt as needed
- 2-3 cups water with 2-3 teaspoons Bob's Flavors for Frying to create flavored vegetarian stock or use mild chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1-2 cups kale, blanched, chopped
- As needed EVOO drizzle
To brine beans click link. http://cookbook.evoo.biz/cook-recipe/brining-soaking-cooking-dried-bean-varieties
To cook soaked beans, drain and rinse the soaked beans well. Place into pot and add water just to cover. Bring to simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Bean Notes: By using the overnight soak in briny water, fewer nutrients are lost and the beans are creamy on the inside. (All this from Cook’s Illustrated)
To finish this recipe: Heat oil in large saute pan; add vegetables and cook until aromatic. Add ver jus; add cooked beans, tossing to combine. Adjust seasoning. Add smaller amount of stock; if needed, add more. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add parsley and kale and adjust salt at this point. Serve with or without stock. The drained stock may be used for another purpose. If you have leftover beans, add to stock and create a soup for another day “make-over” recipe.