WINTER GREEN SALAD W/ ORANGE BLOSSOM HONEY & CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE with CARAMELIZED PEARS (w. leroux)
As seen Nov 6, 2010 at THE DINNER SHOW with guest chef Will Leroux.
5 leaves Rainbow chard, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach de-stemmed
- 3 leaves of kale chopped1 head of Frissee, chopped
- 1/3 cup champagne
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup orange blossom honey
- 1T minced shallot
- 1 t minced parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup canola oilSea salt/fresh pepper
Mix all greens, wash and spin. Re-chill at lease 30 minutes before serving.For Vinaigrette In a bowl add first 5 ingredient, mix. Slowly incorporate the oils with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 pears (Seckle pears) or 3 Bartlett pears, peeled cored, large diced
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Zest of 1 orange-blanched
In a large saucepan heat butter and let fizz, add brown sugar, melt. Add pears and cook on medium heat until just tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cloves and orange zest.