ALBACORE TUNA LEMON GARLIC CONFIT
This recipe is one that reminds Chef Bob the simplicity of the recipes for the abundant seafood of the Mediterranean after our visit to Trapani, Sicily.
2 pounds Albacore tuna
- 15 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary salt (Vignalta)
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups EVOO
Combine all ingredients except EVOO; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Place fish in saucepan and cover with EVOO; cover with parchment paper lid. Place into 300°F, oven for about 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool in refrigerator in oil and reserve for service. Can serve hot or cold.